Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chancellorsville

How General Hooker managed to lose a battle where we outnumbered the Confederates two to one is beyond me. Abraham is currently very disappointed in him, and plans on replacing him, which we discussed when we went to visit wounded soldiers in the hospital again today. Seeing their faces light up when I brought them fruit and read them letters was heartwarming. However, some of Abraham's advisers continue to nag me, telling me that I should allow reporters to accompany me on these visits. I find that idea repulsive; this is a personal undertaking, not a way to get laudatory coverage from the newspapers.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, Mrs. Lincoln. I am quite disappointed myself, though not as disappointed as President Lincoln, I am sure. It warms my heart to hear that you have visited the soldiers. I do thank you, as I know how little company they receive. I am so very glad there are those who still care.

    ReplyDelete